For many chiropractic patients, the first experience with chiropractic comes during early adulthood or middle age. Most adults seek out chiropractic care because they are in some sort of pain. If you are one of those that are new to chiropractic, its effectiveness may surprise you. Your next thought might be about how chiropractic could help others in your life—friends, family and more.
Fortunately, sharing chiropractic with your loved ones is easy because it is so well-suited to just about everyone. Whatever the age of the individual, chiropractic can be adapted to provide gentle preventative care and to improve overall health.
How Chiropractic Helps at Any Age
A few visits to the chiropractor makes it pretty obvious that the practice can help you feel better, relieve pain, improve your mobility and just generally aid in your overall health. But what about for your parents, grandparents, or children? Let’s look at the benefits for children and older adults:
Benefits of Chiropractic for Children
Sometimes it can seem like children are invincible. They are flexible, heal quickly and tend to bounce back from situations that would floor an adult. But kids need support to be as healthy as possible, especially as they grow up. Chiropractic care is excellent for encouraging healthy growth in infants, toddlers, children and teens.
Some of the benefits of chiropractic for children include:
- Spinal alignment. The small spines of children can become misaligned much like those of adults. Regular chiropractic adjustments help to bring your child’s spine back into proper alignment, which encourages proper functioning of the nervous system, immune system and more.
- Healthy movement patterns. It is normal to develop at least a few unhealthy movement patterns as we move from childhood to adulthood. These bad patterns can lead to injuries on down the line. Chiropractic care can help teach children how to move safely, which can yield benefits for a lifetime.
- Gentle adjustments designed for young bodies. Chiropractors who work with children learn special techniques to ensure that adjustments heal and not hurt. Immature bodies work in much the same way as older bodies, but a delicate touch is still important for safety.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Older Adults
Older adults can also experience numerous benefits from chiropractic care. The elderly in particular face a number of health challenges that chiropractic can assist with. Some of the benefits of chiropractic care for older adults include:
- Pain relief. Chiropractic can do wonders for pain management, all without drugs or surgery. Regular adjustments and other supplemental therapies have been proven to reduce or eliminate pain, something older adults can truly appreciate.
- More mobility. Just because you get older does not mean you should have to stop doing the things you love. Chiropractors know how to gently increase your mobility so that you can get back on your feet and enjoy life the way you deserve.
- Improved immune response. The nervous system and immune system are linked in many ways. Adjustments help to align the spine and improve nervous system function. Adjustment can also aid in immune system function, which means your body can fight off invaders more effectively.
Customized Chiropractic for Your Needs
Our chiropractic team is well-equipped to provide the services you and your loved ones need to feel your best. We are trained to help patients of all ages, from newborns to those 100-years-old and beyond! Let us show you what we have to offer and how we can make your life healthier and more enjoyable.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our chiropractic team. We look forward to meeting you!