Neck pain is one of the many reasons patients come to visit us at Emerald Coast Chiropractic.
The cause of neck pain can be traced to several different sources, posture, sleeping habits, previous injuries and stress to name a few. Chiropractic adjustments can relieve the pressure on the nervous system in the neck area, which in turn can often relieve muscle spasms and pain.
Neck adjustments can be delivered in a variety of ways, from a gentle manipulation by hand, special adjusting tables using a drop mechanism or by using an instrument such as the Activator. Restoring proper spinal biomechanics can decrease early degeneration and inflammation in those areas.
Some patients are apprehensive about having their neck adjusted, but as stated above, it can be done several ways very painlessly. In many cases, patients will see almost immediate results, even before they leave the office.
How Can Neck Pain Be Prevented?
- Maintain good posture when your sit or stand
- Move your computer monitor to eye level
- Change your habits. Take micro-breaks throughout your day, especially if your job requires that you sit for long periods of time – or if you must take a long ride in the car
- Use a firm pillow and sleep on your side or on your back
- Learn to recognize your signs of stress and take steps to relieve stress in your life on a regular basis
- Try regular exercses throughout the day and each week to maintain proper movement in your neck.
There are several Destin chiropractors to choose from, how do you know which one to choose? Please contact our chiropractic clinic in Destin, Florida or our office in the Grand Boulevard shopping center in Miramar Beach, Florida at 850-654-1850 to schedule chiropractic care, massage therapy, deep tissure laser therapy, nutritional counseling, rehabilitation services, or if you have questions about any of our services or our ability to provide you with help.